Skip to main content

Whitebox Pies, Bakery and Cafe'

and in specific, their gluten free apple pie!

We've been driving past this little bakery on our way out to North Division in Spokane  but we usually were driving by at times we'd either already had lunch/dinner or were on our way to a specific place for said meals.

So when we were up in Spokane this last weekend visiting my aunt, we were out and about early enough Sunday morning that we wanted a little more coffee and realized we were very near, so we stopped in.

We got there right at opening and went in. A nice little place, very friendly staff and a big display case:


I quickly perused the case and saw:




Gluten free apple pie. They had other gluten free goodies, but it had been so long since I've had apple pie I had to go for it. Besides, what better breakfast, apple pie and coffee LOL!



MMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! It was delish! Now, I've made my own pies and made pie crusts that were okay, but this is the pie crust I want to aspire to. It was tasty, tender and my brain went "PIE CRUST!!" The filling was quite yummy too, not too sweet and just the right amount of cinnamon.

We grabbed a few of the to go menus to give to friends, I am looking forward to trying their sandwiches and pot pies. If they are as good as their pie, I will be in heaven.



Before we left, I picked up a whole pie to bring home, apple of course. They packed it in a nice box with a pretty ribbon (a nice little touch that makes hubby's and my treat to me extra special)

The ingredients:

The pie in its whole glory:

A slice warmed in the microwave, with a slice or two of cheddar on the side and I have a lovely dessert for this entire week:


I am SOOOO looking forward to going back and sampling their other wares for review :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Percival,, erm, um the ECOVACS DEEBOT M80 Pro Robotic Vacuum Cleaner

But I call him Percy LOL! We picked up the vacuum on a special that was offered and jumped at a chance to try one. We've been looking at the robotic vacs for quite a while now, but have never really been able to justify one. However, physical health issues and the special pushed us to order it. The  ECOVACS DEEBOT M80 Pro Robotic Vacuum Cleaner  is exactly what we needed. Took a bit once we got it to get things running smoothly, but it was worth having the house vacuumed daily, esp as we have two cats, who while are short haired, shed daily. Not to mention all the small debris we track into the house on the bottom of our shoes. The bot comes with a remote that allows you to program and also to run it manually. The phone app can be downloaded and then using the bot and remote sync them all up. For most part, we use the phone apps to program and run Percy. As mentioned, I named my bot. I'm the type of person who names cars, etc. Robots esp are going to get n...

Strike & Spare Bar & Grill

So we were down in Lewiston/Clarkson last weekend and trying to figure out where to go for lunch. Sitting in Starbucks I used hubby's smarter then me phone to peruse Urbanspoon to find someplace we hadn't been before and would be different. Came across an entry for the Strike & Spare Bar & Grill that talked about their giant turkey sandwich. At the mention of turkey, hubby's eyes lit up as he loves him his turkey sandwiches. So it was decided. We punched in the address in the GPS and off we went. As you can probably guess from the name, the Strike & Spare is attached to the local bowling alley. We walked in and went AHHHHHHH!!!!!: It was that nice late 60s, early 70s lounge decor and feel with the sounds of balls hitting pins in the background. It wasn't too dark and nice and cool. Found our selves a table and sat. Perused the little snacks/drinks menu and waited for the waitress: Waitress brought our menus and we ordered ice tea while we looked ...

Franz 7 grain gluten free bread

I am forever looking for a good gluten free bread. While I've made some pretty tasty ones at home, for the ultimate sandwich (grilled cheese) I have not found one I truely love.  While shopping in Lewiston a while back we'd passed the Franz Bakery Outlet and saw they had a sign saying they had gluten free bread. We stopped, but they were out (seems it tends to sell out as fast as they bring it in). So the next time we were there we stopped and they had a few loaves left. It was priced at $4.98 a loaf, so I only grabbed one. The price is a bit more then I would usually pay, esp since I was used to 89 cent a loaf wheat bread, but I decided I had to try it. I hadn't seen any fresh GF in the stores and the ones they do have, while tasty, are found in the freezer section and are rather small for $5 a loaf.  The loaf was a hefty 1 lb 2 oz and felt substantial. I couldn't wait to get home to give it a try. Since it was brutally hot that day we opted for dinner of cold c...