Skip to main content

The Ove Glove


I am forever burning myself when I am cooking, anywhere from grabbing the rocket hot handle on my Magnalite pans to grabbing the cookie sheet out of the oven with my bare hands. Even when using pot holders my fingers would get toasty, not too mention some burns when I used old, ratty pot holders.

When we first saw commercials for the Ove Glove, I was intrigued I am always on the look out for better ways to deal with hot cooking vessels. I don't like the mitt style glove since I have small hands and they are rather awkward to use. A simple hot pad usually isn't big enough for some things. So when I found the Ove Glove at a local store, we picked one up.

Love it. It is just a tad bit big for my hands, but the fingered glove is so much easier to work with. The Kevlar and Nomex material really does keep the heat at bay. I like to slip one over the long handles of my Magnalite frying pans while cooking so I don't burn myself when grabbing the handles.

I now have two pair and keep them handy. You do have to be VERY careful not to get them wet however. Nothing transfers heat faster then a wet pair of Ove Gloves. They are machine washable and I let them line dry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Percival,, erm, um the ECOVACS DEEBOT M80 Pro Robotic Vacuum Cleaner

But I call him Percy LOL! We picked up the vacuum on a special that was offered and jumped at a chance to try one. We've been looking at the robotic vacs for quite a while now, but have never really been able to justify one. However, physical health issues and the special pushed us to order it. The  ECOVACS DEEBOT M80 Pro Robotic Vacuum Cleaner  is exactly what we needed. Took a bit once we got it to get things running smoothly, but it was worth having the house vacuumed daily, esp as we have two cats, who while are short haired, shed daily. Not to mention all the small debris we track into the house on the bottom of our shoes. The bot comes with a remote that allows you to program and also to run it manually. The phone app can be downloaded and then using the bot and remote sync them all up. For most part, we use the phone apps to program and run Percy. As mentioned, I named my bot. I'm the type of person who names cars, etc. Robots esp are going to get n...

Strike & Spare Bar & Grill

So we were down in Lewiston/Clarkson last weekend and trying to figure out where to go for lunch. Sitting in Starbucks I used hubby's smarter then me phone to peruse Urbanspoon to find someplace we hadn't been before and would be different. Came across an entry for the Strike & Spare Bar & Grill that talked about their giant turkey sandwich. At the mention of turkey, hubby's eyes lit up as he loves him his turkey sandwiches. So it was decided. We punched in the address in the GPS and off we went. As you can probably guess from the name, the Strike & Spare is attached to the local bowling alley. We walked in and went AHHHHHHH!!!!!: It was that nice late 60s, early 70s lounge decor and feel with the sounds of balls hitting pins in the background. It wasn't too dark and nice and cool. Found our selves a table and sat. Perused the little snacks/drinks menu and waited for the waitress: Waitress brought our menus and we ordered ice tea while we looked ...

Franz 7 grain gluten free bread

I am forever looking for a good gluten free bread. While I've made some pretty tasty ones at home, for the ultimate sandwich (grilled cheese) I have not found one I truely love.  While shopping in Lewiston a while back we'd passed the Franz Bakery Outlet and saw they had a sign saying they had gluten free bread. We stopped, but they were out (seems it tends to sell out as fast as they bring it in). So the next time we were there we stopped and they had a few loaves left. It was priced at $4.98 a loaf, so I only grabbed one. The price is a bit more then I would usually pay, esp since I was used to 89 cent a loaf wheat bread, but I decided I had to try it. I hadn't seen any fresh GF in the stores and the ones they do have, while tasty, are found in the freezer section and are rather small for $5 a loaf.  The loaf was a hefty 1 lb 2 oz and felt substantial. I couldn't wait to get home to give it a try. Since it was brutally hot that day we opted for dinner of cold c...