OXO Good Grips V-Blade Mandoline Slicer

A couple of years back I decided to invest in a good v-slicer. I'd been using some cheap ones, but they only sliced one thickness and I wanted more flexibility. So I picked up an OXO Good Grips V-Blade Mandoline Slicer and have been very happy with it ever since.



The slicer comes with 3 different blades that change in and out easily. You can make straight cuts, crinkle cuts or julienne and the slicer can adjust to 1.5mm, 3mm, 4.5mm and 6mm thicknesses, so you could make potato chips thick or thin.

I like to make scalloped potatoes and used to slice the potatoes by hand. I would end up with slices of various degrees of thickness and a cramp in my hand from holding the knife. The slicer makes quick work of the potatoes. The food holder is comfortable in my hand and the only time I have ever sliced my self of the VERY sharp blades was when I wasn't paying attention while dismantling it for cleaning.

There usually is a small bit left on the holder when done that needs to be sliced by hand, but that isn't much of a problem.

I really use it during summer squash season, especially when I fire up my gas grill. I have a cast iron griddle I like to use for veggies and having them sliced uniformly makes cooking them perfect.



When I have a bumper crop of zucchini and squash the v-slicer gives me the perfect thickness to dehydrate. I like to toss them in some sort of seasoning or dry ranch dressing mix and make chips out of them. A nice tasty snack that I grew myself.

As I mentioned, the slicer has 3 interchangeable blades that are VERY sharp. They also store quite nicely in the slicer itself and the slicer folds and locks for easy storage. It is also very easy to dismantle and put in the dishwasher for cleaning.

I would very much recommend this slicer to anyone who is looking into one. Are there better ones out there? Probably, but they tend to be more of a professional quality that comes with a price tag that I really can't justify paying for what I use it for.

What I need is a good, dependable v-blade mandoline slicer that is sturdy enough to handle what I need, doesn't cost an arm and a leg, comes from a company I trust and something I really want to use because if works and feels good. So this is it.

Comments