Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Penzeys Mural of Flavor


A couple of years back I was given a sample pack of Penzeys spices as a Christmas present. One of the bottles was their Mural of Flavor and I had to give it a try.

I tried it on pretty much everything and it was good. So good that when I ran out I was sad. When we went to Portland last month we made a pilgrimage to the Penzeys there and I picked up a bigger bottle.

It doesn't have salt and you really don't miss it. The ingredients are shallots, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, basil, coriander, lemon peel, citric acid, black pepper, chives, green peppercorns, dill weed, and orange peel. The spices are powerful enough for the best cut of beef and delicate enough for fish:

Fish with Penzeys Mural of Flavor


A good all around seasoning for food.